Sunday, April 4, 2010

Jungle Gaboo

Early this morning round about eight
I took an adventure into the unknown
I had no inkling what would await
Deep in a forest, that was all overgrown.

The trail looked quite appealing
How could I resist?
So I swallowed the feeling
of dangers cold fist.

It started out fine,
Past eucalyptis and pine
I thought to myself this is better than
grape juice

Then deeper I went into jugle gaboo
I found many things
but say is taboo.

Onward I journeyed when lo and behold,
way above my head
something started to scold.
A monkey? a snake? a squagalamird?
to my dissapointment it was only a bird

I was on the lookout for a bushbaby too
I had heard of their dwellings
in this jugle gaboo

Then something tubly caught my ear.
There must be some water somewhere up there
So I pushed onward without any fear
Through brables and vines I was hoping wouldn't tear. (my clothes)

At last I found it, that bubbling brook
that plunged over a cliff
How beautiful to the look.

Micheal Fay would be jealous,
if he could go where I do
on my adventures into jugle gaboo.

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Brother, this poem is a delight!
    You must write more in the middle of the night.

    What is that!? A gaboo?
    All these years I thought a gaboo was you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Awesome!

    I wish I could go foraging in the gaboo, with you, hoo - hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a generous helping of creative genius sir Andrew!

    ReplyDelete