Saturday, January 9, 2010

Was Home Really This Nice?

This last week I hav'nt been up to much, just house sitting for a family that is on vacation. And I must say, it is quite nice. Not to imply, however, that my room where I normally stay is not nice, just different in several noticable ways. For example, if I want to take a hot bucket bath, (showers non existent). I have to go to our only water spigot and fill up a pot with water, build a fire in the stove, then go to my room for about twenty minutes while it heats up. But now, when I wake up I can walk straight into the bathroom turn on the tap and enjoy. Even more they have electricity so I can take a shower and listen to Handels Messiah on my computer at the same time. Heavenly. The family returns tommorow and it is probably best I am getting a bit soft.

2 comments:

  1. I think I am softer than you. yuck. I just took a hot shower. I am in a warm room. Sitting at a computer. oh boy. I am so American.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.I know what you mean.We're all on different levels and when others can turn on their taps and out comes water it's like 'Wow,heaven!'And though our solar power runs out sometimes,I don't envy you not having any electricity at all!

    ReplyDelete