Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sickness

After an exhausting week I became sick. Something has been going around and I really did not want to get it. A five day flu with a high fever, not desirable. But, I suppose time and chance happens to all. The first symptoms I noticed were on Thursday night when I was trying to ride my bicycle back to my room and I was unable to stay on the road but rather weaved around and made unecessary side trips into the bush. I didn't think much of it though, just attribuding it to tiredness. Well, the next day it got worse and worse. I worked until lunch time then I had to go laydown. When I took my temperature it was 102 and a few hours later 104 that scared me, but so did the weird sensation I felt that my hands were directly connected to my shoulders bypassing my elbows and that my bed was on a steep angle and I was continually sliding towards the edge. Thankfully, my sickness did not last five days (that would be torture) but only two and a half so now I am better and hungry.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are hungry. That is always a good sign. Sorry you had to miss an African wedding.

    hiya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was happy to hear about you via my students from EBS. I am also glad you are not sick, go eat lots of food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went backpacking this last weekend. It wasn't the same without you. Wish you could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds terrible..but your writing style makes it sound hilarious!And now that I know you're better, I can laugh all I want!

    ReplyDelete