Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rainy Season

The rainy season has just begun and I am still in the somewhere in the awe stage. The days begin with sunshine and clear skies but by lunchtime the whole sky is has turned into differing shades of grey broken only by a frequent flash of lighting. Then it rains, though not very hard, just a steady drizzle that fades away during the late afternoon. After the rains stop everything is left smelling fresh, moist, and renewed. The rains bring many changes: grass instantly turns green, shoes turn muddy, clothes don’t dry, and much more. Today, I was quite surprised to find that for some people the rainy season means more than just a change in weather, it also marks a change in what music you listen to. One of the missionaries here informed me that every time the rainy season starts, it puts her in the Christmas mood and she starts listening to Christmas music. I was quite surprised, I think mostly because I almost forgot that Christmas is only just over a month away, or that it even existed. So, in the afternoon, as I was fixing our hay-baler for the coming summer months, I sang Christmas songs and listened to the rain tin roof join in my glad melody.

5 comments:

  1. It is raining here too! I am going to listen to Christmas music and be happy for the rain. (I wish I could say that I am going to START listening to Christmas music... but truth is: Alesis and I have been for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me smile:) KBEZ started playing Christmas music on November 1. I think that is the earliest yet. But we're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe your rain will turn white ;)

    ReplyDelete